LOVE Island’s Sherif Lanre spent just nine days in the villa before he was asked to leave by producers.
But why was he kicked out of the villa and did he really break the rules? Here’s everything you need to know about the former Love Islander…
Sherif has been kicked out of Love Island
Why was Sherif kicked out of Love Island?
Sherif, 20, from London, mutually agreed with bosses to leave Love Island after just nine days.
A Love Island spokesman said: “After breaking the villa rules Sherif had conversations with the producers and it was mutually agreed that he would leave the Love Island villa.”
Sherif said: “In a case of poor judgement, I broke the villa rules and as a result agreed with the producers that it was best for me to leave the villa.
“I regret that I didn’t conduct myself in the right way and, as a 20 year old guy, it’s something I know I will take on board and learn from.
“I really enjoyed my time in the villa and look forward to catching up with everyone on the outside.”
What Love Island rule did Sherif break?
It is unclear specifically what he was kicked out for, but Islander protocol includes no nudity, a ban on masturbation and the practice of safe sex.
However, Sherif’s mother Diana has spoken out and slammed the show’s “very unfair” treatment of her son and insists he’s “a lovely boy”.
Speaking to the MailOnline, she said she had spoken to her son but doesn’t know the full story.
She added: “I don’t know the real reason yet, but I’m determined to get to the bottom of it.
“I need to look at his Love Island code of conduct and I need to speak to him properly to find out what really happened.
“But I’m his mum, I’m going to think it was a bit unfair. I think so. I’m going to defend my son.”
What happened to Sherif Lanre on Love Island?
- Even though he was only the second boy to go into the villa Sherif found himself on the “subs bench” after no girl stepped forward for him. By default, he was coupled up with Anna.
- Sherif isn’t getting on well with Anna, who has accused him of ignoring her.
- Sherif has faced some competition from Anton who has been making a play for Anna.
- He decides to be honest with Anna and let her know his feelings for her, adding that he doesn’t want to lose her to someone else in the villa.
- Anna had the choice between Sherif and Anton and chose to couple up with Sherif, leaving a previously confident Anton red-faced.
- Sherif and his babe Anna shared a kiss on the terrace after a sweet heart-to-heart
- After nine days in the villa, Sherif and show bosses agreed he should leave the show because he broke the strict villa rules.
Has Sherif Lanre ever cheated on a girl?
Sherif has confessed to having a wandering eye.
However, he also describes himself as a “pretty loyal” guy.
When it comes to being faithful on the show, he insisted that that’s an “absolute must”.
Sherif added that he’s not just loyal in relationships but in friendships too.
He added: “Bro code to me is ‘Nothing leaves this circle.’ Whatever we’re talking about doesn’t need to be relayed, not just to females but to any other people outside the bro circle. Anything we speak about, we keep to ourselves. And never fight with each other about anything outside that circle.”
[article-rail-section title=”LATEST LOVE ISLAND GOSS” posts_category=”13138″ posts_number=”6″ query_type=”recent” /]
When can I watch Love Island on ITV2?
Although Sherif may be gone, you can still catch the show daily on ITV2 at 9pm where the main show will give us the lowdown on all the goings-on in the villa – from couples cracking on to singletons getting mugged off.
Saturday night’s show differs from the rest of the week, as it is a round-up of all the best bits from the villa that week – and maybe some unseen footage!
And if you still haven’t had enough, you can also watch Caroline Flack’s spin off show Aftersun on Sunday nights at 10pm after the main show has aired where she discusses the latest action with celebrity guest as well as those eliminated from the villa.
Like 2018, the show is likely to last eight weeks meaning the grand final could be around July 29, 2019.