The Block creator Julian Cress teases next year's season of the hit renovation show

HomeTv & Show

The Block creator Julian Cress teases next year's season of the hit renovation show

The Block creator Julian Cress teases next year's season of the hit renovation show and says the new property will be 'something that

EU CHAOS: Hungary threatens to block £666billion coronavirus rescue package
Production of The Block thrown into chaos after a contestant displays symptoms of coronavirus 
The Block: CHEATING scandal as 'Dirty Harry' sneaks in during lockdown


The Block creator Julian Cress teases next year’s season of the hit renovation show and says the new property will be ‘something that we’ve never done before’

While production for the 2020 season of The Block may still be under way, next year’s series is already being teased.

In an interview with 9Now on Friday, the show’s executive producer and creator, Julian Cress, confirmed a property had already been purchased for next year.

And without giving too much away, he hinted that it will be unlike anything viewers of the hit renovation show have seen so far.

Coming soon: While production for the 2020 season of The Block may still be under way, next year's series is already being teased. Pictured, hosts Scott Cam and Shelley Craft

Coming soon: While production for the 2020 season of The Block may still be under way, next year’s series is already being teased. Pictured, hosts Scott Cam and Shelley Craft

Julian said the concept had been ‘floating around for a number of years’, and it had been discussed with Channel Nine executives.

‘An idea of how to make the show that we’ve always dreamed of, but have never been able to find a property that’s suitable, that fits the build, doing it the way that we wanted to do it,’ he teased.

Julian said it was only recently that they managed to acquire a property that ticks all the necessary boxes. 

Exciting news: In an interview with 9Now on Friday, the show's executive producer and creator, Julian Cress, confirmed a property had already been purchased for next year

Exciting news: In an interview with 9Now on Friday, the show’s executive producer and creator, Julian Cress, confirmed a property had already been purchased for next year

‘We’re really excited about next year, because we have found a property that actually meets that brief that we’ve set ourselves, it’s something that we’ve never done before and we’re very excited about it,’ he added.

While he wouldn’t divulge too much, Julian said the new property is unlike anything The Block contestants have ever transformed in the past.

‘A new property that will, I think, take the show to a new level and it’s something that we’ve always wanted to do but, never really been able to do,’ he said.

Something different: Without giving too much away, he hinted that it will be unlike anything viewers of the hit renovation show have seen so far

Something different: Without giving too much away, he hinted that it will be unlike anything viewers of the hit renovation show have seen so far

The location of the property is still being kept a secret, but Julian said he’s excited about the upcoming series.  

‘We always try to evolve the show and not rest on our laurels, we’re always looking for ways to reinvent it and deliver something new and fresh for the audience,’ he added.

‘This is definitely fresh and new and incredibly exciting for all of us.’

Top secret: The location of the property is still being kept a secret, but Julian said he's excited about the upcoming series

Top secret: The location of the property is still being kept a secret, but Julian said he’s excited about the upcoming series

COMMENTS

WORDPRESS: 0
DISQUS: 0