STRICTLY Come Dancing’s Anton du Beke wants to dance with another man next year – after 200 complained over a same-sex dance on the hit show.
The dancing legend, 53, says he’s all for partnering up with a male celebrity in 2020.
It comes after the BBC received 189 complaints following a dance routine involving Strictly pros Graziano Di Prima and Johannes Radebe earlier this month.
He said: “It’s just dancing, isn’t it? Fred Astaire danced with Gene Kelly.
“I’d have been very happy to dance with Gene Kelly or Fred Astaire, I don’t mind.
“Strictly is a bit of a mirror on society, actually. And it should be.
“Stuff like Johannes dancing with Graziano – it’s not such a big deal.
“As a dancer it isn’t even a thing. It’s quite normal because it’s dance and that’s what dance is. It’s creative.”
It comes after Bruno Tonioli said he was “really upset” by viewer complaints about the same-sex dance routine.
The BBC was flooded with nearly 200 complaints as some fans reported it was “offensive”.
He was almost left speechless by the report, before telling followers: “It’s hard to believe after such progress in society and many other topics going on that over 200 people felt so upset they complained when 2 men danced with each other.
“I just don’t know what to say… Very sad.”
The BBC reported that 189 people objected that it was “offensive to feature two men dancing as a pair” after Johannes Radebe and Graziano Di Prima performed together on the show.
The barefoot pair took to the dance floor during Emeli Sande’s performance in the results show on November 3 this year.