Melbourne: 5 Seconds of Summer reschedule their No Shame tour

HomeTv & Show

Melbourne: 5 Seconds of Summer reschedule their No Shame tour

5 Seconds of Summer reschedule their No Shame tour amid the COVID-19 pandemic... after guitarist Michael Clifford was rocked by false

NYC Health Commissioner Dr. Oxiris Barbot resigns over de Blasio's handling of coronavirus pandemic: reports
Alessandra Ambrosio bundles up with a cardigan as she enjoys a spa day at The Bel Air Hotel
Utah Jazz star says battle with coronavirus was 'one of the scariest experiences' of his life


5 Seconds of Summer reschedule their No Shame tour amid the COVID-19 pandemic… after guitarist Michael Clifford was rocked by false accusations of sexual misconduct

5 Seconds of Summer have rescheduled their Melbourne concert as part of their upcoming No Shame tour.

Australian fans who were excited to see the rockers in December will now have to wait until March 19, 2021.

The band will play at the Sidney Myer Music Bowl. Fans who are unable to make the new date are being offered refunds. 

New dates: 5 Seconds of Summer have rescheduled their Melbourne concert as part of their upcoming No Shame tour. Pictured from left: Michael Clifford, Luke Hemmings, Ashton Irwin and Calum Hood

New dates: 5 Seconds of Summer have rescheduled their Melbourne concert as part of their upcoming No Shame tour. Pictured from left: Michael Clifford, Luke Hemmings, Ashton Irwin and Calum Hood

It comes after guitarist Michael Clifford was falsely accused by a fan of touching her inappropriately at a concert in the U.S. seven years ago.

The girl alleged last month that Michael, now 24, had touched her ‘chest, arms and sides’ during a show at Tinley Park, Illinois, in 2013.

At the time, 5SOS were touring North America with One Direction as part of the British band’s Take Me Home tour.

Next year: Australian fans who were excited to see the rockers in December will now have to wait until March 19, 2021

Next year: Australian fans who were excited to see the rockers in December will now have to wait until March 19, 2021

She made the extraordinary claims via an anonymous Twitter account – but after her allegations went viral, she insisted that Michael was totally innocent.

In a lengthy follow-up post, the girl – who was 14 at the time of the alleged incident – clarified that it was simply a case of mistaken identity.

She insisted she had been abused by a man at the concert, but it wasn’t Michael. Her actual abuser has since died, she claimed.

Change of schedule: The band will play at the Sidney Myer Music Bowl. Fans who are unable to make the new date are being offered refunds

Change of schedule: The band will play at the Sidney Myer Music Bowl. Fans who are unable to make the new date are being offered refunds

Michael has categorically denied all accusations of inappropriate conduct, saying they are ‘beyond untrue’.

‘I am heartbroken to read these things that are being said – they are just BEYOND untrue,’ he tweeted on June 15.

‘I was never allowed in the crowd I only ever watched at front of house – and I would’ve never EVER done that. I would NEVER do anything like that,’ he added.

False allegation: It comes after 5SOS guitarist Michael Clifford was falsely accused by a fan of touching her inappropriately at a concert in the U.S. seven years ago

False allegation: It comes after 5SOS guitarist Michael Clifford was falsely accused by a fan of touching her inappropriately at a concert in the U.S. seven years ago

The news of the rescheduled concert comes amid a spike in new coronavirus cases in Melbourne. 

According to Reuters, Australia is planning to lock down nearly 300,000 people in the suburbs of North Melbourne in order to contain the spread. 

Victoria is also set to become the Australian state with the most number of cases. 

Retraction: The woman made the extraordinary claims via an anonymous Twitter account - but after her allegations went viral, she insisted that Michael was totally innocent

Retraction: The woman made the extraordinary claims via an anonymous Twitter account – but after her allegations went viral, she insisted that Michael was totally innocent

COMMENTS

WORDPRESS: 0
DISQUS: 0