Hurricane tracker: NOAA on alert as TWO systems develop near US – Maps and charts

HomeWorld

Hurricane tracker: NOAA on alert as TWO systems develop near US – Maps and charts

The formation chance through the next 48 hours is low, near 20 percent.In May, NOAA released research by forecasters with its Climate Prediction Ce

Korean border on HIGH alert as North Korea keeps soldiers positioned over threat of war
Europe coronavirus panic: WHO issues new alert ahead of ‘tricky’ period
Coronavirus crisis: Europe on alert as infections surge – fears progress has been erased


The formation chance through the next 48 hours is low, near 20 percent.

In May, NOAA released research by forecasters with its Climate Prediction Centre, saying an “above-normal 2020 Atlantic hurricane season is expected”.

The prediction read: “The outlook predicts a 60 percent chance of an above-normal season, a 30 percent chance of a near-normal season and only a 10 percent chance of a below-normal season.”

The Atlantic hurricane season runs from June 1 through November 30.

The centre is forecasting a likely range of 13 to 19 named storms, of which six to 10 could become hurricanes.



COMMENTS

WORDPRESS: 0
DISQUS: 0