TODAY The Sun calls on employers and workers to unite and fight the deadly coronavirus outbreak.
As the killer pandemic rages across the country, tens of thousands of jobs are being created to battle the disease and keep the country functioning.
The Sun calls on employers and workers to unite and fight the deadly coronavirus outbreak[/caption]
From manufacturing ventilators to drivers and care staff, we all have a role to play. Today Sunemployment has more than 70,000 new jobs on offer – every one of which needs to be filled NOW.
Over the coming weeks, we’ll be highlighting all those firms that are recruiting for staff and helping your family stay afloat.And if you run a small business, let The Sun find your staff.
Any company with fewer than 250 employees can advertise vacancies for FREE on our new Sun Jobs site. Whether you’ve lost your job due to the coronavirus crisis or are unemployed and desperate to get back to work – we are here to help.
The Sun has always been the people’s paper, so let’s get to work together to get through this epidemic.
DRIVING & LOGISTICS
Driving and logistics jobs are critical to beating the deadly virus and you can start work immediately[/caption]
DRIVING and logistics jobs are crucial to delivering a win against coronavirus – and the great news is you can start work immediately.
AMBITIONS PERSONNEL has 150 vacancies for drivers and logistics specialists.
MD Amanda Watson said: “Over the last week, the drastic increase in demand from food retailers has spread to the rest of the supply chain.”
Contact your nearest branch at ambitions-personnel.com/contact/head-office.
Britain desperately needs ventilators and VHR says it has an unlimited number of vacancies for skilled engineers to start immediately[/caption]
AS a country, we need thousands more ventilators to help hospital patients battle the deadly bug.
Specialist ventilator recruitment provider VHR says it has an unlimited number of vacancies for skilled engineers to start immediately.
If you have experience in manufacturing, design and specification, rapid prototyping, product assembly, production or logistics, please send your CV to [email protected] or call 0207 500 7980.
Jobs are available round the UK. VHR founder Danny Brooks said: “If you are a skilled engineer, technician or assembly worker, you could work with the 60 leading aviation, automotive and engineering brands that have agreed to manufacture ventilation systems for the UK Government. Give us a call to see how we can help you find your next job.”
SPECIALIST dementia care provider VIDA HEALTHCARE has jobs for care assistants, nurses, housekeeping and kitchen staff. Apply by emailing [email protected]
Recruiter ACORN PEOPLE has 400 stock assistant roles. Search “Store Assistant” on acornpeople.com and apply online.
MOJO MORTGAGES has five jobs for qualified mortgage advisors to work online and on the phone. Email [email protected] to apply.
CARE2CONNECT has ten roles for domestic care support staff. Call 01903 264089.
Every little helps especially when UK supermarkets need a whopping 50,000 new staff to fill shelves[/caption]
SIGN up for shelf help! UK supermarkets need a whopping 50,000 new staff to fill shelves, serve customers and make sure there’s enough to go round. Here’s how you can help.
- Every little helps, but TESCO needs a lot of staff. The supermarket giant is hiring 20,000 new workers for an immediate start. Jobs range from store maintenance and building technicians on six-month fixed contracts to shop staff. Apply at tesco-careers.com/search-and-apply.
- Retail recruitment specialist RMS has 10,000 flexible shifts available to start within 24 hours. Sign up at rms.uk.com/join-us.
- ALDI has created 4,000 permanent jobs and a further 5,000 temporary roles, including stock assistants, logistics and store assistants. Some jobs offer flexible hours to fit around childcare, and pay starts at £9.30ph.
- Recruitment director Kelly Stokes says: “We want to keep supporting our local communities through these uncertain times, with access to groceries and wages to keep their families going.” Visit /aldi.vacancy-filler.co.uk/candidate.
- The CO-OP has 5,000 roles at jobs.coop.co.uk.
- And LIDL needs 2,500 at careers.lidl.co.uk.
- B&M STORES is seeking 300 warehouse staff at bmstores.co.uk/careers while ASDA wants 5,000 store and logistics staff. Apply at asda.jobs.
Care homes urgently need tens of thousands of new staff to look after vulnerable children and OAPS[/caption]
CORONAVIRUS has plunged the UK care industry into crisis.
With thousands of workers forced to self-isolate, care homes urgently need tens of thousands of new staff to look after vulnerable children and OAPS.
Here are more than 15,000 new jobs to apply for today.
- Home care company CERA has 10,000 new roles and wants those facing redundancy to apply. New staff can be ready to start work in just ten days through its online training programme. Chief executive Dr Ben Maruthappu said: “The majority of these new roles will be as frontline carers.” The company said new staff will be retained after the pandemic eases. Apply at becomeacarer.co.uk.
- HOME INSTEAD SENIOR CARE has 3,000 vacancies including care managers, recruiters and schedulers. Full training is given. Apply at homeinsteadjobs.co.uk.
- SENPLOY needs to recruit hundreds of staff to support children and young people with special educational needs. See senploy.co.uk.
- Care home specialist CAREMARK needs 2,000 new starters including frontline care and support workers. Visit caremark.co.uk for local jobs.
- CARE UK has more than 100 jobs from chefs to receptionists and maintenance staff. Care UK’s HR director, Leah Queripel, said: “Our recruitment teams can work quickly to match your skills to a wide range of roles.” Apply at careers.careuk.com.
MOBILE games publisher KWALEE has 12 roles including games testers and programmers. See kwalee.com/join-us.
CORNWALL’S TREWITHEN DAIRY has 20 jobs including production staff and despatch operatives. To apply email [email protected]
WELSH foodmakers are posting new vacancies on the Welsh Food and Drink Workforce Collaboration Facebook group. See facebook.com/groups/549451882658549.
There are thousands of key worker jobs on offer as food firms ramp up production[/caption]
HELP to feed the nation with a job in food production.
There are thousands of key worker jobs on offer as food firms ramp up grub production to supply hospitals, homes and stores.
- MILK & MORE is hiring 100 new milkies to deliver dairy goods across the country.See milkandmore.co.uk/careers.
- Prepared meal manufacturer ANGLIA CROWN serves 100 hospitals and needs 20 new staff to cope with the increasing workload. Director Paul Howell said: “The demand for our food is increasing significantly.We urgently need to recruit staff across many areas to ensure we continue to support our customers, hospitals and patients.” Email your CV to [email protected]
- The KARRO FOOD GROUP is hiring 400 staff for factory roles. Get in touch at [email protected]
- Recipe box firm GOUSTO has 100 vacancies in its factory in Spalding, Lincs. Jobs include section leaders, team leaders and shift supervisors. See gousto.co.uk/jobs.
- The ADDO FOOD GROUP needs 695 new starters across six sites in Market Drayton, Nottingham, Shaftesbury, Spalding and Poole. Full training will be given. Email [email protected]
Ask the expert
STRESSED out about working from home with kids in the house? Then Caspar Craven can help.
The entrepreneur and motivational speaker spent two years “self-isolating”, sailing around the world in a tiny boat with his wife and three children, aged nine, seven and two, all while working.
Caspar said: “Working and children isn’t an easy mix but it can be done – and you can come out the other side as a closer family unit.”
Here are his top tips:
- Have a routine. Start the day getting up, washed and dressed at normal times. Have breakfast together and start schoolwork and your work at normal times.
- If you have tough work which requires real concentration, get up early. When I wrote my first book at sea, I’d get up at 3am and write 2,000 words a day while the kids were asleep.
- Have breaks and meal times together to talk, share and let off steam. Let the kids play more than usual to manage pent-up energy.
- Agree roles with whoever is at home – overseeing schoolwork, cooking, clearing up, making teas and coffees and so on.
- Accept you won’t get as much done as you usually would. It’s more important to stay sane. Be kind to each other, be understanding and take it one day at a time.
MOST READ IN MONEY
There are plenty of outdoor roles working in the field of fruit and vegetables and helping to keep the nation well fed[/caption]
TAKE your pick from a host of roles working in the field of fruit and vegetables.
These outdoor jobs are crucial to keep food in the shops and the nation fed. Farmers and growers fear the crops could end up rotting unpicked in the fields, unless they find the extra staff to help harvest the produce.
- ASPARAGUS GROWERS require hundreds of pickers and packers to start work from mid-April on farms throughout the UK. No qualifications are needed, farms pay the living wage and many have accommodation on site. A spokesman said: “British asparagus growers are now urgently recruiting for workers who are in the UK and able to work to pick and pack asparagus in farms all over the country, from mid-April until mid-June.” You can apply now, find details at hopslaboursolutions.com.
- Fruit pickers are also in high demand with BRITISH SUMMER FRUITS having hundreds of vacancies. Chairman Nicholas Marston said: “Fresh fruit and vegetables are vital to all our health and wellbeing. We want to encourage workers who are already resident in the UK and looking for work to consider seasonal work on our UK berry farms.” Apply at britishsummerfruits.co.uk.
HOW TO GET A FREE SUN JOBS LISTING
1. Log on to sign up at jobs.thesun.co.uk and click ‘add your job for free’ on the toolbar.
2. Post your job. Listings are valid for 30 days.
3. You can renew a listing at the end of the 30 days for free.
- GOT a story? RING The Sun on 0207 782 4104 or WHATSAPP on 07423720250 or EMAIL exclus[email protected]