NIGEL Farage last night delivered a massive “wake-up call” to the Tories and Labour as he led the Brexit Party to a historic win in the European elections.
Theresa May’s Conservative Party suffered its worst ever election defeat, as it took a pathetic nine per cent of the vote.
Nigel Farage claimed a stunning election victory last night as his Brexit Party topped the polls[/caption]
Millions of voters deserted the two main parties and flocked to Mr Farage in a bid to send the message: “Get Brexit done or die.”
The £150million elections – that no-one wanted – come almost three years after the Britain voted to leave the EU because of Theresa May’s failure to get her Brexit deal through Parliament.
As a result, the Brexit Party swept the board last night – winning every single region of Britain except heavily pro-Remain London and Scotland.
It is now set to be the biggest party from ANY country in the European Parliament.
The Lib Dems came second in the nationwide poll with a strong showing for the Greens as Remainers opted for parties which back a second referendum.
On the night a political earthquake shook the Westminster establishment:
- Nigel Farage boasted he could win the next General Election
- Tory leadership contenders admitted their party could be destroyed by Brexit chaos
- The Conservatives recorded their worst ever performance in a national election
- Jeremy Corbyn faced fury from his own MPs over his Brexit fence-sitting
- Ukip and Change UK suffered a terrible night as neither party won a single seat
Follow below for the latest updates…