Conor McGregor had ‘secret taxi meeting with alleged Dublin pub victim just minutes after hitting him’

0
36


CONOR McGregor secretly met his alleged pub clash victim in a taxi just minutes after hitting him in a row over whiskey, The Sun can reveal.

Cops probing the fight at the Marble Arch boozer in Dublin last April have obtained CCTV footage of McGregor outside the pub.

McGregor shown being restrained by a member of his entourage
Conor McGregor is shown being restrained by a member of his entourage during the alleged attack
TMZ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-u1B-pPl_c
Video footage appears to show McGregor landing a blow on the drinker
TMZ

The Sun revealed how McGregor was to be charged with assault over the incident.

New CCTV shows the MMA fighter and a minder getting out of a Land Rover and climbing into the rear of a taxi outside the pub.

The cab had been ordered by the alleged victim, who was sitting in the front seat.

McGregor and his pal are then seen leaving the area. It’s not clear what was discussed in the taxi before the conversation ended.

WAS HE APOLOGISING?

A source said: “It’s anyone’s guess what was discussed in the taxi, perhaps McGregor was trying to apologise for the incident.

“The man was just in the pub for a quiet drink and after the incident he calmly finished his pint and got into the taxi.

“Gardai had to look into the meeting because it formed part of the overall investigation.”

We understand the meeting does not form part of the police file on the matter, which has been sent to the Director of Public Prosecutions (DPP).

WHISKEY ROW

Instead, officers are focusing on CCTV footage of the incident from inside the pub and the alleged victim’s statement.

The video shows the fighter appearing to land a blow on the drinker, before he is ushered away.

McGregor was said to be unhappy when the local man, 51, told him “I don’t want your whiskey” – referring to his own Proper Twelve Whiskey.

We revealed last week how the fighter faces a minor assault charge after the DPP ruled there was enough evidence to charge him.

He is to be summoned to appear at Dublin District Court in November to answer the charge.


If convicted, he will be required to pay a fine for the offence.

It’s understood that the alleged victim has accused McGregor of assaulting him when he turned down a drink.

He was not available for comment when approached by The Sun.

McGregor outside the The Marble Arch back in April

McGregor outside the The Marble Arch back in April

McGregor is facing an assault charge over the incident
Gardai have obtained CCTV footage of Conor McGregor outside the pub – and afterwards the MMA fighter met up with the alleged ‘victim’
Getty

MAC'S MOST NOTORIOUS MOMENTS

AUGUST 17, 2016: McGregor’s camp is embroiled in a clash ahead of UFC 202 against Nate Diaz’s team at a press conference in Las Vegas, with bottles, cans and cups of coffee thrown. He was later fined £125,000 by the Nevada’s State Athletic Commission.

NOVEMBER 10, 2017: The UFC star jumped into the cage to celebrate a victory achieved by fellow Irish fighter Charlie Ward. In the process, at Bellator 187 in the 3Arena, McGregor clashed with ref Marc Goddard and appeared to strike Bellator official Mike Johnson in the face. He later apologised.

NOVEMBER 30, 2017: McGregor arrived at Blanchardstown District Court in a flashy BMW i8 sports car before being fined £370 for speeding. He was clocked speeding 58kph over the limit on the N7 Naas Road in March of that year.

APRIL 5, 2018: McGregor grabbed a metal trolley and threw it, shattering the window of a bus carrying UFC rival Khabib Nurmagomedov in New York. He was later sentenced to five days of community service and to attend anger management classes.

NOVEMBER 28, 2018: The MMA ace was disqualified from motoring for six months and fined £920 for speeding. He was clocked at 154kph in a 100kph zone. He told the court: “I apologise, that’s all I can say. I didn’t know I was going that fast.”

MARCH 11, 2019: CCTV footage emerged of McGregor stamping on the mobile phone of a fan in Miami. The former UFC featherweight and lightweight champion was arrested and charged with strong-arm robbery and criminal mischief over the incident involving a 22-year-old man’s phone. The charges were later dropped after the civil suit was settled.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here