A MAN accused of killing a student by selling her toxic slimming pills told a court yesterday the capsules were not meant to be swallowed.
Bulimic Eloise Aimee Parry, 21, died after taking eight pills containing the poisonous fat-burning chemical dinitrophenol (DNP).
Central News Eloise Aimee Parry, 21, died after taking eight pills containing the poisonous fat-burning chemical dinitrophenol
Bernard Rebelo, 31, admitted selling her DNP but said a warning on his website and packaging indicated it was not for human consumption.
He said: “It has numerous uses like pesticides, fertiliser and paint dye.
“Nowhere was it indicated it was a weight loss pill or a diet pill.”
He said he started selling steroids online in 2012 and later switched to DNP because “steroids are a class three item but it wasn’t illegal to sell DNP”.