MEGHAN Markle’s brother Thomas Jnr has reportedly said “she’s the best thing to happen to the royals”.
The 51-year-old arrived in London ahead of the wedding – despite not being invited – after their dad Thomas Snr pulled out because he needed an urgent operation.
Thomas Markle Jnr says his sister Meghan is ‘the best thing to happen to the royals’
Tom visited Windsor Castle to see where his half-sister will marry Prince Harry on Saturday and said his dad will be “heartbroken” that he can’t walk her down the aisle.
He told the Mirror: “It’s the most beautiful, stunning wedding venue and it’s going to be an amazing day.”
It comes as Thomas Snr recovers from major surgery, which he says was needed to repair damage caused by a heart attack he suffered last week after accusations he posed for staged pictures.
The retired lighting engineer sensationally revealed yesterday that he believed the health scare was caused by an open letter written by his son to Harry, calling the wedding a “fake fairy tale”.
Tom Markle also revealed he’s ‘mortified’ by reports that his open letter was the cause of his dad’s heart attack
Meghan’s half brother has wished her and Prince Harry every happiness as he visited Windsor Castle
Also in the letter, Tom said Meghan was “not the right woman for you” and that “this is the biggest mistake in Royal Wedding history”.
But he’s since backtracked on those words, telling the Mirror he said it in a “moment of madness” and is “mortified” at reports his dad is blaming it for his heart attack.
In fact, the dad-of-two now claims his sister will make the “perfect modern princess” and wished her every happiness.
Tom claims he penned the open letter after reaching “breaking point”.
Meghan Markle’s family – from dad Thomas and half-sister Samantha Grant to the nephews
He said he had been trying to get help from Kensington Palace due to the overwhelming attention his family has received since the pair began dating – but says it fell on deaf ears.
Tom said: “It wasn’t designed to humiliate Meg into inviting me, but more hoping we could get the help we needed. Ever since her relationship with Harry emerged two years ago, our lives have been changed forever.”
Speaking about his father’s fake photos scandal, he said Thomas Snr would be “hugely embarrassed” but slammed the Palace for not offering the family better advice.
Tom’s now reportedly planning to cut his UK trip short and return to his dad’s side having been able to visit St George’s Chapel ahead of Saturday’s wedding.